Cake Topper, Boutonnieres, Bouquet, and Head Piece

The cake topper!  I painted plain wooden peg dolls to match as close as I could to Gin and Jarrod.  I added some netting and beads to Gin for the necklace and head piece, and made a mini felt boutonniere for Jarrod.  Just recently the piece of cedar they are glued onto split... I'm assuming it happened as the wood dried out more.  I'm figuring I can take them off and glue them to something else.

 Gin made eight boutonnieres from the instructions in Handmade Weddings.  They turned out soooo cute!!

Gin and Mom made her headpiece.  The flower is made from our Aunt's wedding dress, and the center is from a vintage heirloom earring (it's blue!).  It turned out beautifully I think!

Her bouquet is made of handmade fabric flowers from her bridesmaids, another friend, and the ring bearer too!  We looked up some fabric flower tutorials but mostly made it up as we went along.  All the flowers were glued to sticks at first, but because it made it too bulky, the sticks had to be replaced with floral wire.  Gin then wrapped the wire with  the material she made her dress's sash out of.  She loves how she can look at it and think "so and so made this one..."


Comments

  1. Just having a catch up!
    This bouquet is a gorgeous idea- what a beautiful keepsake.
    And your peg toppers are soooo cute.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all need to go into business. I see your stuff and wish I was creative like that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts