Craft Collab


This is a craft collaboration I did with a budding artist.  I would describe his style as minimalistic with a penchant for geometric abstraction.  Despite his four years of age, he shows much promise!


For this ornament, I traced our 3 inch embroidery hoop onto a piece of muslin and had him draw his design with pencil.  After he finished his design, he picked out the colors of embroidery floss, and showed me what color goes where in his drawing.  I then started to "color" with stitches.  (Silly me thought that he would draw something small and simple... I should have known better.  It was a lot of stitching for what I thought was going to be a quick little project!)


Once the stitching was done, I used some Aleen's Craft Glue on the outside of the inner hoop, and the inside of the outer hoop to help keep the muslin in place.  I trimmed the left over muslin so there was about an inch of material that I folded and glued over the inside of the hoop.  Then I finished it off by gluing a piece of cardstock to cover the back, which leaves a place to write the date, and to let him sign it.


But I love how it turned out, and I think it will certainly be more durable than a paper ornament.  And overall, I think this idea is a really fun way to immortalize the work of young ones!  Perhaps I should have him design some ornaments for me!

Comments

  1. This is just lovely! You can't beat making stuff with little'uns can you? Always a bit surprising!
    I have posted your little giveaway gift- I hope it will reach you in time for Christmas, but I fear I was a little late posting! Just look on it as an early present for next year!
    Have a great weekend.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts