Cedar Building Blocks


Two awesome boys recently had their birthdays, and seeing as how they are lego and Kapla block masters, I wanted to make them each a little building block set.


Each set has 48 cedar blocks, all with a 1 inch width, that my dad cut for me from leftovers.  There are squares, rectangles (two sizes) and triangles which I painted on two sides and then finished off with some spray acrylic sealer.


Of course I had fun playing with them!


I really like the contrast of the natural wood and paint, and am thinking of other projects that I can experiment with the combination.



Painting these blocks was really fun because the cedar smelled so good!!  I also think that using cedar made for some unique light-weight blocks.  Hopefully they'll have as much fun playing with them as I did!

Comments

  1. Love this!!! The kids in your life are so lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! I LOVE them!!! I love that you've left some of the sides 'natural' and painted others - and the colours you've chosen look great together (as always)! They look like lots of fun to play with (for grown-ups as well as kids)!!! ;-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts