Photo-Tuesday

Untitled

I'm very excited about my new Digital Holga Lens!  I haven't used my film Holga (which is on the left in the photo above) in awhile because it's hard to get the 120 film developed, not to mention the cost of film and developing keeps going up!  So when I read about the Digital Holga Lens, I thought it would be perfect to bring a little lomography back into my life!  It's not exactly the same, but it's pretty darn close!  Here's a few shots from my first run with it...

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
(In the name of love...  hahaha!)

I made a few minor edits:  I cropped a few of the shots to squares just like what a regular Holga takes, and I made a few black and white.  I love how even after the cropping there's still some vignetting visible!!

I have a lot to work on, like getting used to how the lens focuses again (you turn the lens to the pictures of a person, a couple people, a group of people or a mountain haha), and I have to practice using my DSLR on Manual or at least Aperture Priority.  Fun stuff!!  I also have some other special Holga lenses that attach to the Digital Holga Lens (lenses that I can use with my film Holga as well): telephoto, wide angle and fish-eye!!  I haven't played with these yet... (except for the fish-eye with my film Holga a couple of years ago.)  I also have some filters and prisms from my film Holga that will work with it too!  So exciting!!

Some people may think it's silly to use a DSLR which can take super clear and sharp photos, to get results that look lower in quality or results that could be easily duplicated with editing...  But for me it's more about the thinking and prepping for each shot that's exciting, along with the unexpected results!  For example, the eleventh shot (the one with two green trees on each side of the shot with the mountain in the back and lots of snow), got overexposed a bit (if that's the right term), but I really liked the faded and washed out colors!

Anyways, I'm pretty excited about the potential in this little plastic (and cheap too!) lens!  Have any of you shot with anything similar?  Or have the desire to?

Comments

  1. Well now, you are having fun with your digital Holga lens! I like photos six and seven. The upturned snow-covered cart with shadows and the reflection in the window making it look slightly surreal!
    I don't feel like trying out anything new at the moment on my camera, but I do want to improve and fine-tune the use of the lenses I have already. I think in photography, we're always learning. That's the fun part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you!!! Love the B&W ones a lot!!!!
    xxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos! I especally love the icicles. And the black and white shots.
    I really need to force myself to use my camera on manual more. It's just so easy to use one of the automatic settings! This shouls have been one of my new year resollutions!
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, fun! I love these photos. I actually like 'imperfections' like vignetting in photos. I think it really frames the subject. I can't wait to see more!

    P.S. Thanks for getting the 'Stop in the name of love...' song in my head. I'll be singing it all day. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts