Happy Valentine's Day!

Untitled

"A purpose of human life, no matter who is controlling it, is to love whoever is around to be loved." -Kurt Vonnegut

(That's a quote from one of my favorites, and something we should think about everyday!)

Untitled

I've been wanting to try filet crochet, and this little coaster looked like an easy pattern to learn from!  And it is a great beginner project, especially since the design is symmetrical.  You can find the pattern here (and the Ravelry page here).

Untitled

I used size 10 thread (it didn't take much!), and a 1.5mm hook.  The finished size came out around 5.25 inches.

Happy Valentine's Day to all of my dear friends out in blog land!  I love you all!
Kate :}

Comments

  1. I love your filet crochet with the heart and all in a marvellous shade of red!
    "To love whoever is around to be loved"! Perfect!
    Have a wonderful day - and I'm going to look for that pattern!
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, I am in awww of crocheters who can do work as fine as this x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma! It's really not that difficult, I promise! I just took a quick peek at your blog, and your crochet work is lovely! You should definitely give some doily work a try!
      Happy hooking!
      Kate :}

      Delete
  3. this is lovely!!!!!
    happy valentine's day to you, too!!!!!
    xxxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kate I found your blog via 'BunnyMummy' and just wanted to say I love your crochet work :-) This heart is beautiful. It would make a fabulous block square for a blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! Gorgeous crocheting - and that shade of red is FAB! :-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts